Kurt Busch is not a patient man. The former NASCAR champion has seen his share of controversy throughout his career. His latest however could be his worst. Busch was accused late last year of assaulting his ex-girlfriend in Dover Delaware during a race weekend. The investigation has been wrapped up and a court hearing into a protective order has been over for several weeks. Thursday during the NASCAR Media Day prior to the season opening NASCAR Sprint Cup series Daytona 500, Tony Stewart, Busch’s boss and co-owner of Busch’s Stewart-Haas Racing team said the team has contingency plans in place should Busch be suspended or worse as a result of the incident.
“We’re kind of waiting to see,” Stewart said. “I’m very hopeful that we won’t have to worry about it. I mean, I feel bad he’s in that situation right now and that they’re both in that situation. But we have to be smart and we have to have a plan in place if it doesn’t work out for whatever reason.”
Stewart added that the he and the team have been surprised at how long it has taken for the case to be resolved. That also doesn’t seem to be sitting well with Busch. He appeared collected when talking to the media, however there seemed to be a slight air of impatience in his tone. He also seemed to indicate that Driscoll might feel she is at an advantage, but that in the end it may backfire on her. MORE>>>