A major title sponsor has told NASCAR that they will no longer support the sport if the sanctioning body does not cut ties with billionaire and presidential hopeful Donald Trump that according to a report Friday. NASCAR later said they will indeed cut all ties with Trump.
Trump has stirred up controversy in recent weeks for stating that “rapists” and “killers” are migrating over the United States’ southern border. Univision and NBC Universal have cut ties with the businessman, refusing to air the “Miss Universe” pageant he partially owns as a result, and Macy’s department store announced Wednesday it is discontinuing a clothing line with his name on it.
Friday TMZ reported that Camping World CEO Marcus Lemonis has sent a letter to NASCAR CEO Brian France to express his anger over Trump’s comments. Lemonis’company sponsors the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and last year extended the relationship until 2022. MORE>>>
- Matt DiBenedetto’s excellent run comes to abrupt, violent end - February 17, 2019
- Clint Bowyer’s last-ditch effort ends in nine-car wreck - February 17, 2019
- Jimmie Johnson scores miraculous top 10 at Daytona - February 17, 2019