Kyle Busch said Tuesday that he is ready to get back racing. The Joe Gibbs Racing driver announced earlier in the day that he will race in Saturday night’s NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Tuesday afternoon Busch met with the media via a teleconference.
Busch has been sidelined since he sustained injures in a crash during this season opening NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Daytona International Speedway on February 21. Busch suffered a compound fracture of his lower right leg and broken left foot. After several surgeries and intensive physical therapy, Busch said that his recovery has been faster than even his doctors expected.
“I was cleared to get out of the boot a couple weeks ago, and was cleared to test my late model,” Busch said. “That test went really well. I was able to come back again and test again last week at Hickory. My medical team was there with me and then declared I was cleared to get back in the car again for the All-Star Race in the Sprint Cup Series.”
Busch said he was cleared by NASCAR Monday. MORE>>>