Kurt Busch cleared to return to NASCAR, team announces he will race Sunday

Kurt Busch has been cleared by NASCAR and will race Sunday in Phoenix. (Getty Images)

Kurt Busch has been cleared by NASCAR and will race Sunday in Phoenix. (Getty Images)

NASCAR has cleared driver Kurt Busch to return to competition. NASCAR released a statement just after noon Wednesday although he will remain under indefinite probation and be subject to additional mandatory requirements that NASCAR said includes, but are not limited to participation in a treatment program and full compliance with any judicial requirements placed upon him.

The statement said that the decision to lift the suspension was made by NASCAR after Kurt Busch: Complied with all requirements in its reinstatement program; Completed the mandatory behavioral assessment sessions; and the behavioral health care expert who conducted the sessions recommended to NASCAR that Kurt Busch be allowed to return to competition. NASCAR said Busch now will undergo additional steps to address the behavior for which he was penalized.

Last Thursday the Delaware Attorney General’s office said that no charges will be filed in the domestic battery complaint involving his ex-girlfriend Patricia Driscoll. The complaint was originally filed by Driscoll last November. Driscoll won a no-contact order involving Busch in a separate civil action in a Delaware court last month. NASCAR suspended the driver in February MORE>>>

Comments

This entry was posted in Main Page, NASCAR News, Top Stories and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.


Keep warm on cold nights at the track in Official NASCAR Jackets at Store.NASCAR.com

Keep warm on cold nights at the track in Official NASCAR Jackets at Store.NASCAR.com