NASCAR confirms no rules changes for the Chase

NASCAR's executive vice president and chief racing development officer Steve O'Donnell meets with the  media at Michigan International Speedway on August 14, 2015 in Brooklyn, Michigan.

NASCAR’s executive vice president and chief racing development officer Steve O’Donnell meets with the media at Michigan International Speedway on August 14, 2015 in Brooklyn, Michigan.

NASCAR will make no changes to its rules package for the 2015 edition of the Chase for the Sprint Cup. NASCAR’s executive vice president and chief racing development officer Steve O’Donnell said Friday evening after Sprint Cup qualifying that they had met with the teams at Michigan International Speedway and there will be no changes in the configurations of the racecars during the ten races that will decide the 2015 champion.

“We’ve seen some good things with that package,” O’Donnell said of the original 2015 package. “A lot of work has been done by the race teams already leading up to the final ten races and feel like that’s the best decision for the sport.”

NASCAR instituted several changes in rules packages, configurations to its racecars, in an effort to improve passing. There have been two packages; a low drag package used at Kentucky Speedway last month that was met with a great deal of support and a high drag package that was used at Indianapolis later in the month that met with a great deal of criticism.  The low drag package will be used again at Darlington in a few weeks and the high drag package is being used at Michigan this weekend.  MORE>>>

Comments

This entry was posted in Main Page, NASCAR News, Top Stories and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.


Shop for Jimmie Johnson 2016 Sprint Cup Champion

Shop for Jimmie Johnson 2016 Sprint Cup Champion