Kyle Busch looked at other NASCAR teams prior to re-signing with JGR

CONCORD, NC - JANUARY 24:  Kyle Busch, driver for Joe Gibbs Racing, speaks to the media during the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Media Tour on January 24, 2013 in Concord, North Carolina.  (Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images for NASCAR)

CONCORD, NC – JANUARY 24: Kyle Busch, driver for Joe Gibbs Racing, speaks to the media during the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Media Tour on January 24, 2013 in Concord, North Carolina. (Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images for NASCAR)

Last week during the NASCAR Sprint Media Tour hosted by Charlotte Motor Speedway Kyle Busch confirmed the rumors that had been floating around for a few weeks; he has indeed re-signed with Joe Gibbs Racing for a few more years.

That signing however wasn’t a sure thing.  Busch has been with JGR since leaving Hendrick Motorsports at the end of the 2007 season.  Since joining JGR Busch has scored 20 of his 24 career wins at the team.  But in that span of five years, Busch has missed the Chase three times.  That alone may have been why Busch said he looked at other times.

“I did meet with some other teams and they were very interested.” Busch said.MORE>>>

Comments

This entry was posted in Main Page, NASCAR News, Top Stories and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.


Keep warm on cold nights at the track in Official NASCAR Jackets at Store.NASCAR.com

Keep warm on cold nights at the track in Official NASCAR Jackets at Store.NASCAR.com